Accessing Print Resources
Muhlenberg students, faculty, and staff members are now able to request materials online and Trexler Library staff will retrieve said materials for our patrons.
Our online catalog, Encompass Search enables patrons to virtually browse our shelves and explore what we have to offer. This makes it easy for you to place a hold on items you would like to check out. Placing a hold through Encompass Search must be done before items can be checked out. Please view the PDF instructions or video overview for a detailed look at this quick and easy process. Once the hold has been placed, a Library staff member will retrieve your item for you.
After your item has been prepared and checked out to you, you will receive an email, sent to your Muhlenberg email address, explaining three options for receiving your item.
- Pick Up: Items are located behind the Lending Services Desk on A-Level of Trexler Library. Please review the Library hours before coming to claim your items (doors lock 15 minutes before the listed closing time).
- Scanning: If you are off-campus and only need part of a book scanned and emailed to you, please fill out this form to indicate what you need to be scanned.
- Note: Following the Fair Use doctrine, only 20% of a work can be scanned and emailed to you.
- Shipping: If you are off-campus and cannot come to the library, please respond to this email with your preferred mailing address and we will ship the item(s) to you.
- Note: We will not be mailing material to those who live locally. We also are not able to mail out items daily, so please take this into consideration.
You will have 7 days to either pick up your material or respond to the email before it will be checked back in and reshelved.
If you require any further assistance, please contact Lending Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For items Trexler Library does not own, we are still filling all interlibrary loan requests (books and articles) as normal. As some libraries are still not loaning books, it may take more time to receive book requests or we may be unable to receive a book request.
Interlibrary Loan due dates can be found directly on the book strap or in your My Library Account. If you have an Interlibrary loan book coming due, please email email@example.com to request a renewal or return it using the library Book Drop. If you are not on campus, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a postage-paid return UPS label. You can then package the book(s) in a padded envelope or box and drop it off at your local UPS Store.